Donation Totals

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Recovery week long run

Our friends Greg and Heather Dunnigan and their three kids (Abby, Caitlyn and Natalie) came to visit last night. Greg and I are planning on running the OBX Marathon in the outer banks! Greg and I were friends from Virginia Tech, having met on the rugby team and then lived together for the year. I was Greg's best man and he was in my wedding party too, so it will be alot of fun. This week was our 1st recovery week, so our long run was a 5 miler. Got going this morning around 7:30 and did the tour of the neighborhoods. Beautiful morning, a bit humid, but considering the past week's weather, this was great. We both felt pretty good though and overall I think it will be a good marathon partnership!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009