Donation Totals

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Long run (week 2 Marathon Training - 7-21-08)

Got in the second long run of the marathon training schedule. This was an 8 miler that I finished before work yesterday. I did the Accokeek Figure '8' (because it is a double loop that physically looks like a number 8 and because it is about 8 miles. This is not to be confused with the 'P' Loop that Betsy and I walk the dogs with Cole on all the time, that loop is called the 'P' loop because it is in the shape of a letter 'P' and because the dogs and Betsy could never make the whole loop without having to go pee!). Anywhoo, maintained a bit over 8 min miles. Felt pretty tight in my chest, but that isn't too surprising since it was another Code Red air quality day with high humidity even at 6:30 am when I started running. Overall it was a decent run though and maintains my strong start on marathon training. My buddies Greg, Molly and Spanky all did their 8 milers as well!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009