Donation Totals

Monday, December 28, 2009

Treadmill Tempo Workout

Well it wasn't that cold out temperature-wise, but with the wind as hard and bitter as it was, it felt MUCH colder. So once Cole went down for his nap, I ran down to the gym and got in a nice little treadmill tempo workout. I started out at 7.6 mph, picking it up to 7.8 mph after about a 1/2 mile. At the one mile mark I jumped it up to 8 mph, and from that point on I pushed it up 0.1 mph every half mile until I hit 3 miles completed. For the final mile I pushed it up 0.1 mph every 0.2 miles, then running the final 0.1 miles at 10 mph. Overall I finished the 4 mile run in 29:53, which is a 7:28 min/mile pace and finished the miles in 7:58, 7:33, 7:22 and then 7:00 min flat. To cool down I ran aa 1/2 mile at 6-6.5 mph and then walked back to my parents house. Felt pretty good overall, think next time I am forced to do this, I will try to beat my PR for a 5K.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009