Donation Totals

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Running the test bike route.

So once again I am revisiting my search for a bike commuting route, unfortunately to this point it is appearing to be more like the northwest passage. So I drove test route #343 this morning, but the last little bit down by the national harbor requires me to get out of the car to figure it out. So I decided despite the 80 degree weather and high humidity that I was going to head over to the Harbor and do a nice 5 mile run, heading out the trail to finish off what my bike route should be while fitting in the hill in the Oxon Hill Farm in an additional loop. Felt great, putting in an average pace of 7:55 min/mile over the 4.5 mile route, including two significant hills (climbing out of the National Harbor to Oxon Hill Road and then the standard Oxon HILL). Finished miles in 8:12, 7:49, 8:10, 7:32 and then finishing the final 1/2 mile at a pace of 7:22 min/mile. I then did a cool down jog at about 9 min/mile. Tomorrow is my first time out on the Mtn bike this year (except for Muddy Buddy), should be fun!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009