Donation Totals

Friday, June 5, 2009

Afternoon 5k

It has been a busy week. Between the trip to NIST, long days at work, excessive rain and going to see Terminator 4, I haven't gotten to get out for a workout since my swim on Tuesday. Betsy and I originally were going to do a 5k at Bolling AFB, but of course it rained. So after getting home from work we went over to get some new fish in Waldorf. When we got home Betsy fed Cole while I went out for a run, trying to do the 5k that I missed out on this morning! Got out quickly and finished the 5k in 22:50, or an average of 7:21 min/mile. I then got out a short cool down (0.3 miles at 8:16 min/mile). Finished miles in 7:18, 7:34 and 7:15 min with the final 0.1 mile at a pace of 6:52 min/mile.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009