Donation Totals

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Running at Belle Haven with Cole and Betsy!

Betsy and I decided last night that we were going to get up early and head over the Mt. Vernon Trail to go for a long run, with Betsy deciding to do 7 and me wanting to do 10. So we figured we would run 7 together, then she and Cole would drive up to the Farmer's Market in Alexandria while I ran there. I figured this would be about 3 miles. We started off pretty quick, with the first two miles in 8:19 and 8:18, but then succeeded in dropping our pace to the 8:30 range, with us finishing the next miles in 8:33, 8:30, 8:33 and 8:29, before finishing the final mile together in 7:56. Betsy and I both felt pretty good, which was great considering this was my longest run yet pushing the jogging stroller and Betsy's longest during her comeback. So at this point, she and Cole headed for the car and I continued on, now with my ipod. It wasn't so bad, but apparently it was only 2 miles to the Farmer's Market and with me feeling a blister starting on my big toe, I decided I would call it there. I finished the final two miles in 8:05 each, for a final time of 1:14:50.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009