Donation Totals

Saturday, June 5, 2010

What a great morning ride!

Got up early this morning in the hopes of getting a bike in before the day got into full gear. Started off feeling a bit tight and rough, putting in 18.1-19.9 mph avgs for the first four 5 mile segments, kept pushing, but just couldn't get out of low gear. However, once I climbed up the hill on Rt 225, I dropped down and started using my aerobars... been awhile! I forgot what a difference that makes! Just look at my avgs as I went along; 18.1, 19.9, 18.6, 19.9, 21.3, 21.4, and 21.7 for the final 2 miles, can YOU tell when I started using them!? Anyway, thank you to Triathlete magazine for putting the idea back in my head for using them, for too long they were just a hood ornament! Anyway, great ride and start to a great day since we went over to Bolling to use the pool shortly thereafter and are getting some kittens this evening to foster!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009