Donation Totals

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Running with Mike P at Bolling... Followed by a Dip in the Pool.

Got going after I met up with Betsy and Cole to get them onto the base so they could go swimming while Mike and I went running. We got started and with the heat kept it easier, me hoping that it wouldn't happen to turn out like the last run. Well it didn't, we kept the pace between 8:15 and 8:30 min/mile and cardio-wise felt pretty good. However, today the tummy acted up, repeatedly telling me how much it hated me. Kept releasing a few prisoners (gas) while I was running in hopes it would make my stomach feel better, but it was at the risk of having a complete prison break with each time I opened the gates... Ugh... Anyway, right about mile 5 I had to stop at the restaurant and take care of business before getting started again. It was really hot again and there was a road closure that changed our route (again), but overall it was a reasonable run. What really made it was the dip in the pool afterwards, wow it made it feel so much better!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009