Donation Totals

Saturday, October 24, 2009

State side again... time for a windy bike ride!

We got Cole down for his nap and Betsy got in a short run before I decided to head out for a quick bike ride, putting in the 19 mile out and back to Indian Head. It was semi rainy and fairly warm, so not ideal weather, but the wind certainly put a damper on things. Wind gusts were up to 25 mph and in my face the majority of the way, but overall, I put in 19.1 mph average, increasing my pace for each 5 mile section. I decided this winter to push for improving my speed, so once a week I will be trying to put in a tempo run and this bike ride to try and finish my previous times. Goal is to get my 4 mile pace down below 7 min miles and above 22 mph for the ride by early spring. Lets see how it goes!

Sorry for the missed updates, didn't have the best internet connection and Betsy and I were trying to enjoy the trip! Hopefully I can put up some of the maps from my previous runs in Europe.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009