Donation Totals

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Running through Vienna City Center



Well the talk I wanted to attend just before noon was cancelled, so I decided to take the additional time to head back to the hotel and get in a quick 5 mile run. I started at my hotel, running up towards the Am Augarten Park, but then heading west towards the city center, crossing over Rembrandtstrasse bridge. This brought me over towards Votivkirche, a beautiful old church in the NW of the city. After taking a few pictures, I headed back past the University of Vienna and Petersplatz and Stephansplatz before taking a swing through Stadtpark, after which I headed back across the river towards my hotel, where I put in a very quick last two miles to end up setting a PR for a 5 mile run! An '*' is required however since I was aided by the multiple slows and stops at lights and for pictures, but still an impressive run, with miles finished in 7:48, 7:52, 8:08, 7:23 and 6:55 min. The 8:08 mile was in large part due to the many many stops, but whose complaining right?

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009