Donation Totals

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Awesome morning tempo run!

Well I got out for my first tempo run of my winter training and it was a doozy! I woke up at 6 am as is my new habit ever since returning from Europe and had to wait around a bit for the sun to rise. Once I could see the light of day, I got started and put out a personal record for the Accokeek Access Loop, knocking out the miles in 7:23, 7:11, 7:31 and 7:13, for the total run in 29:38, or just under two MINUTES faster than my previous personal best!!! This worked out to an average pace of 7:18 min/mile. This would have been a 22:49 5K, nothing to beat my chest about with my fastest having been a 21:20, but still it is showing that I am getting close to the fitness I had at my peak in Florida...

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009