Donation Totals

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Good afternoon run in crappy weather...

I had counterintelligence training this afternoon so my aspirations for a productive afternoon at work were immediately shot. Getting out early enough to beat traffic but late enough to make it stupid to start anything new, I decided to come home a bit early. Cole was taking a nap when I got home, so I hit the road and got in a quick and easy four miles on the Accokeek Access loop. It was pretty crappy weather, with the temp somewhere in the 30's and the air thick with moisture from this morning's rain (my gloves were actually frosty by the time I finished), but with the right clothing it was tolerable. Maintained a bit over 8 min miles, with miles in 8:13, 7:57, 8:15 and 8:17 min. Good run, hopefully getting in exercise again will ensure I sleep well tonight after perhaps the worst night sleep I have had in months last night!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009