Donation Totals

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Tempo Run!

Well Betsy and I put Cole down for a nap after opening our Christmas presents, leaving him with his nana and Uncles Dave and John to go for a morning run. Trinity was begging to join us so snce we knew we would be going easy, we decided to bring her along. We started off at a nice and easy 9 min mile out from out house into the neighborhood that I run in quite often. We got to the end of the neighborhood (1.24 miles) and Betsy kept running while I stretched and prepared for my 2 mile tempo effort. I got started and finished the first mile in 6:37 min/mile then followed that up with a mile in 6:52 min for a total time of 13:28 for the 2 mile effort! That is a new PR for me! Unfortunately, I was really laboring after about 1 2/3 of a mile, and really had to pull up the last 1/3 of a mile. I finished pretty weak and had to walk to the end of the road feeling a bit sick to my stomach. After settling my stomach down I got going again for my cool down of about 1.8 miles at about 8:47 min/mile pace. Over all a really good run felt strong and did a good job.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009