Donation Totals

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Back to Track

Got out of work later than expected, so I headed over to Bolling Air Force Base to do my track work over there before it got dark and too freezing. I got started running a mile warmup at about 8 min pace then stretched, hit the restroom, had a gulp of water then got down to business. By business I mean the bulk of the workout which was 4x800 at 5k pace (7 min/mile for me) with a 400 jog in between each 800. The GPS measured each lap as 0.26 miles in the first lane and did so repeatably, so I don't know if it was off or if the track really is a bit long. Anyway, I ran each '800' in about 3:30, right on the appropriate pace, with my intervals falling in 3:23, 3:32, 3:31 and 3:31. Pretty consistent once I dialed in the pace. Had a big lunch of Indian food, so my tummy wasn't too happy (can you say 'acid-reflux'?) but overall it was a good workout, especially since it was the first time I had been on a track in over 6 months! Looking forwared to making this a regular occurance now!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009