Donation Totals

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Long Run - 20 miles

Did my last long run before the marathon this morning, a 20 miler. My buddy Mike, who is doing the OBX marathon too, did it with me. We finished in just under 3 hours, but the last lap had my right knee killing me and my right hip pretty sore. Hopefully the next three 'easy' weeks will allow my knee/hip to fully recover. Either way, won't keep me from doing the marathon, just control my comfort level. We had perfect weather (50-55 degrees, overcast and beautiful), which is certainly the better than we ever could have hoped for. Overall, feel pretty good, just wish my joints held up a little better....

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009