Donation Totals

Monday, October 13, 2008

Biking with Dana

After being on vacation and driving all over the southeast US the past two weeks, I finally had the opportunity to get out for a bike ride! Because it is Columbus Day and I am a federal employee, I had the day off, so I drove up with my road bike to my friend Dana's in Annapolis, MD where we took off and got in about a 42 mile ride. I felt a little out of my element at first, kind of off balance, but got back in the groove pretty quick and after a slow initial pace to get out of the busier area, we got on the country and scenic highways south of Annapolis and were keeping about 20-22 mph avg. Felt pretty good and looking forward to getting a few more rides in this month before the weather really turns too cold and windy to get weekday rides in anymore...

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009