Donation Totals

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Morning run to beat the heat...

UGh... wow hot hot... and it was only 6:30am! Never quite felt great, had to stop a couple times and had all sorts of fun with the black flies, but overall not too bad... THAT IS UNTIL I WAS ATTACKED BY A DOG!!! Yup, came up a hill and had a huge white and gray German Shepherd lunge at me to take a bite! Luckily I jumped out of the way, but still spent 10 min fending off the attack before finally the owner came out and got the dog. Well I then got going and finished the run, felt pretty tight the whole way, but still maintained about 7:50 min/mile pace. Need to start picking that up if I want to look to get some PRs in this year. Of course, I need to sign up for some races if I want to do that!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009