Donation Totals

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Family Morning Run!


Well as the first installment of Betsy's mother's day present, I was taking Cole for the day while Betsy was going out with friends. But before starting we all went out together for a family run for the first time in months. We took it pretty easy, having to stop a couple times for Betsy to catch her breath (pregnancy takes a bit out of you I hear!), but overall finished keeping the pace in the vicinity of 8:20 or so. At one point I ran out a side street while Betsy took a breather and walked, but for the most part we were together the whole way. After finishing the 4.25 miles together, Cole decided he was done, so I kept on going by myself finishing with a total of 6 miles, speeding up a bit so that I finished with an average of 8:10 min/mile. Afterwards Cole and I took the metro to the Mall and he got to sit in a bunch of military vehicles, from helicopters to humvees and I found out that a picture of me is being used for promotional purposes by NRL! How cool!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009