Donation Totals

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Quick easy run

I was planning on going running with Colvin upon getting home from work, but wouldn't you know it that as soon as he was in the carrier and out in the jogging stroller that it started to rain. So after running a short distance, I had to turn around and bring Cole back in to mama. After dropping the boy off, I then got started again. I didn't feel that great, but kept going anyway. My running shoes started to give me a blister on my big toe on my left foot, which makes me really nervous since these were going to be the shoes I was going to run the marathon in... hmmm... now I don't know which shoes to wear, the ones that I did all my long runs with, but gave me a blister today after only 3 miles or the ones that I just bought, feel good, but I have only run 26 TOTAL miles (over a series of 5 or 6 runs) in. Such a conundrum... Anyway, we leave tomorrow afternoon for the Outer Banks of North Carolina (we are staying at a rental house in Nags Head, which it so happens is right on the coures!). Check out the website www.obxmarathon.com! And keep your eyes peeled Sunday for Greg and my results!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009