Donation Totals

Monday, November 17, 2008

Morning run through New Orleans Garden District!

Left this morning on what turned out to be the first rather warm day we have had since we arrived! The last couple days have been extremely windy and really chilly, so I put on a long sleeve underarmor shirt and an additional long sleeve jersey to cover up, however, within a mile I quickly realized that it was unnecessary and began to wish I had just worn a short sleeve shirt. Anyway, took off from the hotel, out past River Walk, under route 10 overpass and towards the Garden District, running up 1st street. I then turned right back toward Coliseum Square Park, before cutting back up to St Charles St. Ran past Anne Rice's old house and through Lee Circle, past LaFayette Square, then back down Poydras towards the hotel. Good run, a bit under 6 miles. My knee was really acting up for the first mile or so, but slowly I worked out the pain and it loosened up and let me finish the run. I really hope I get to get out again this week!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009