Donation Totals

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Long run in DC - 14.5 miles

Going for my long run. The plan was to start at the National Zoo, run along the Rock Creek Trail toward the Lincoln Memorial, then down towards Haine's Point, over to the Jefferson Memorial, on up to the Washington Monument, through the mall up to the Capital and then back by the White House and the Ellipse, then continuing up to the Watergate Hotel and the Kennedy Center and boat house then finally back along the Rock Creek Trail up to the Zoo. The run started off with issues with my GPS not keeping my mile splits, then I started to cramp. I got some water at the boat house and then again at the Jefferson Monument, but forgot to hit start again so I missed a bit of the run, screwing up my splits more. THen at the end of the mall the GPS didn't register me hitting start again so I missed more of the run, all in all missing a total of about a mile and a quarter. Either way, the run up Pennsylvania was frustrating as I had to stop pretty much every block for a light and my legs did NOT like the stop and go. Got up to the Boat House and the start of the Rock Creek trail and got some water, but from then on out had some issues and had to stop a couple times to walk. I did run into my buddy Mike Papantonakis on the run and he ran with me for about a 1/2 mile or so which helped, but in the end it was a really tough run overall.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009