Donation Totals

Monday, February 25, 2008

Running with Trinity at home

Got in a really good run this evening. Started off kind of slow, finishing the first mile in 8:41. However, despite how the hilly runs this past weekend, I felt really great so started speeding up and pushing a bit more, speeding up each successive mile, finish at a 7:37 pace.
I haven't mentioned it before, but for Christmas 2006 Betsy got me a Garmin Edge 305, a GPS unit for biking and in my case for running as well. Comes with a HR monitor and speed and cadence sensors, so for a science dork like me it is ideal. Shown to the left is a map of the route from Google Earth. It is a 4.1 mile course with minimal hills, but is lit at night so it is usually a good run when it is dark out (which is everyday during the week when I get home!). Anyway, thought I would add it in here for those interested!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009