Donation Totals

Monday, February 18, 2008

Riding on a gorgeous day

So being that I work for the government, of course I had today, President's Day off. Well around here in Southern MD, the weather is incredible; about 64 degrees and sunny. It was however quite windy (gusts from SE up to 25 mph). So considering this was my first ride outside (not on the trainer in my basement) since last November, was pretty happy with the 18 mph avg on a pretty hilly course (974 ft of elevation with two hills >15% grade) over the 28.19 mile ride. Ride I know well that I have always enjoyed. Really miss biking outside, makes the hours on the trainer worthwhile... well almost!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009