Donation Totals

Monday, August 2, 2010

First morning in San Diego.

Yesterday was a long day. After having a wonderful morning hanging out with my son, wife, nephews and parents at the pool, I returned to get packed and then nothing went right. Between getting caught behind a school group which kept me from getting checked in in time to have my luggage checked (even though I paid for it the night before!), then had to throw away my toiletries so that I could make it through security, to then have my flight delayed due to a mechanical issue, to then having to be rerouted so that I could make it to San Diego that night, to then having a 30 min delay on the runway, to not getting to my hotel until almost 11:30 PM PST, 2:30 my time! It was a day. So I decided to skip the morning session (plenary talks) so I could get some sleep and get a run in. It was an overcast morning, so I had some trouble getting GPS signal at first, had some delays with lights initially, but once I got going it was a great run. Felt really well, despite my back hurting when I walk (not when I run though... wierd). I headed down around Petco Park, Marina Park, got to see the USS Midway (think I will need to eat on the restaurant there later!) and ran up Harbor drive. This is truly a beautiful city! Overall, I finished just over 5.5 miles in 41:16 for a 7:27 min/mile pace!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009