Donation Totals

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tracking Wilkes Boothe by Bike

Riding the Accokeek to Port Tobacco route. This is a great ride in Southern MD that follows some of the trail that was covered by John Wilkes Boothe as he attempted to alude the US authorities following the assasination of Abraham Lincoln. Really nice route, but had some issues. Some idiot in a white truck decided he needed to slow down to yell obscenties at me because I had the nerve to ride on the side of his road. I know, I know, I should know better than to use the roads he so rightfully paid for, but I just can't help myself! Then the ride turned out to be a bit longer than anticipated (50 miles in all) partially due to a wrong turn, but mostly because of a problem with the distance calculation on Mapmybike.com telling me it would be a 40 mile ride. Anywhoo this caused me to bonk at about 47 miles in, so I had to stop and get a snickers at a gas station. Overall a really fun ride and couldn't have asked for a nicer day.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009