Donation Totals

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Crappy Ride; bee stings, rougue deer, rough roads

Trying out a new route to see if I could take it to work... Survery SAYS???!!! NOT A CHANCE. No shoulders or bike lanes for most of it, the roads in various states of disrepair (You gotta love Prince George's County MD!), heavy traffic, the list goes on! Back to the drawing board. So it was a crappy ride, too many left hand turns as well and to top it all off, I had a wasp or bee fly down the front of my jersey on the way down a hill and it stung me six times. Shortly after I had a deer jump in front of me that I had to yell at to get it to get out of my way so we both didn't get hurt, then due to my minor allergy to stings, took a turn a little late and almost went off roading on my road bike. Good times! Oh did I mention that Betsy went to the store to get me benadryl and all they had was children's liquid and she gave me the equivalent of 4 pills accidentally? Yeah I am not light headed, sleepy, and disoriented along with the painful stings and allergic reaction... Oh the joys of biking...

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009